DID YOU KNOW…
- Turning your thermostat down just five degrees can cut energy bills (and pollution) 10 percent; so keep it at 68 degrees in winter, and at 60 degrees or less while you sleep.
- Average “food miles” traveled for conventional produce is 1,500. Buy local! Grow your own!!
- The average home can waste 11,000 gallons of water each year due to leaks.
- One tree will generate $30,000 worth of oxygen, recycle $35,000 worth of water, and clean up $60,000 worth of air pollution.
- Every recycled ton of paper saves approximately 17 trees and 462 gallons of oil.
- Energy efficient appliances could save US households 3 trillion gallons of water/year.
- For every mph you drive under 65 you improve fuel efficiency by 2%.
- Americans driving on under-inflated tires wastes 4 million gallons of gas each day and reduce their tires’ lifespans.
- The average office worker goes through 10,000 sheets of copy paper per year.
- CFLs use less than ¼ of the electricity of regular lights and last 10 X longer
- If one out of five people in the U.S. switched to fabric bags, we could save 1,330,560,000,000 bags in our lifetime.
- Bottled water requires 2000 times more energy to produce than tap water!!
Resources to help you understand your impact, and make more environmentally sound choices! Feel free to download a copy of the statistics and links here!Did_You_Know
Check out this handy Carbon Footprint Calculator to discover just how much your individual household matters!